Employee Rights and Information Center
© 2016 Workplace Fairness
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Getting a Raise Before You Start
45% of employers expect to negotiate with a job candidate for a larger salary during an initial job offer. Sadly, almost half of workers simply accept the first offer given to them. Here are four tips to utilize during your next salary negotiation.
Blog of the Week
The Department of Labor (DOL) has released the final rules for implementing President Obama’s two-year-old Fair Pay And Safe Workplaces executive order.
Thought for the Week
"For I can raise no money by vile means."
List of the Week
I'll Raise You: Who Negotiates for a Raise
- 55% of workers 35 or older negotiate the first offer
- Only 45% of those between 18 and 35 do
- More men, 54%, negotiate than women, 49%
Top Five News Headlines
- Why mental health programs in the workplace are good for business
- A Labor Movement That’s More About Women
- EEOC settles case over Muslim server fired for wearing headscarf
- Injured Workers Face Stacked Deck During Workers’ Comp Appeals Process, Critics Say
- 6 Things You Should Know About Sexual Harassment In The Workplace