Employment Discrimination and Harassment
Are You a Victim of Employment Discrimination or Harassment?
Employees are protected by a complex network of laws that dictate how employers should treat current employees, former employees, and job applicants. I have dedicated my practice to protecting people against illegal employment practices.
While it may seem as if employees are powerless against the companies they work for, there are numerous ways that people can assert their rights. I have helped many clients protect their employee rights by fighting back in court.
If you have been a victim of employment discrimination or harassment, use my online form or call me at 888-764-4141 for a free initial consultation.
Have You Been Denied Overtime Pay?
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) provides employees with many legal protections and establishes many rules concerning how employees are to be paid. Many employers violate these rules. Alabama workers end up paying the price. Employers use a variety of illegal practices to deny employees the wages to which they are entitled under the FLSA, including:
- Using common wage rules for all employees
- Classifying hourly employees as salaried
- Making employees work off the clock
- Reducing paid hours but not working hours
- Paying straight hourly wages beyond 40 hours
If you have been denied overtime pay, use my online form or call me at 888-764-4141 for a free consultation.
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Losers: Overcoming Failure at Work
Go to any magazine rack and you'll see smiling faces of executives, entertainers and sports stars all rejoicing in the glow of success. It's enough to make you feel terrible about yourself and your career prospects. But what if I were to tell you that man
Blog of the Week
Salon owners in California who pay employees on commission are subject to liability for failing to pay all wages due. Under California law, “commissions” are a form of wages applicable only to an employee who sells a product or service, not to an employee who makes a product or provides a service to the employer’s customers
Thought for the Week
"Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street."
List of the Week
from Online Pays: How to get salary information online
Top Five News Headlines
- Senate nudges Acosta step toward confirmation at Labor
- Roundtable Anticipates Changes to Labor and Employment Relations Under Trump Administration
- 11 Sue Fox News, Citing ‘Intolerable’ Racial Bias
- Workplace Fairness: Online Legal Resources for Victims of Sexual Harassment & Hostile Work Environments
- Aeroflot Workers Are Told Passengers Want Attractive Flight Crews