Attorney Hank Sherrod, Protecting Your Civil Rights, Helping You Make a Difference
Police Misconduct, Employment Discrimination, and Jail Death Lawyer
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I go to court to fight for victims of jail medical neglect, police misconduct, and employment discrimination and harassment. I am a trial lawyer and proud to call myself one. I am a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College. As a civil rights trial lawyer, I know your case is not just about the money, and I don’t take cases just to make a living. For a free initial consultation, use my online form, which sends an email directly to me, or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Dual Income Strategies
Dual income couples have more bankruptcies and divorces. Put succinctly, more money equals more challenges. Here are four coping strategies.
Blog of the Week
It's a familiar situation: being sick and at work-or having a sick family member who requires care. While most of us would prefer to stay home and get well or provide care, for the majority of American workers taking a sick day means taking a pay-cut.
Thought for the Week
"Individually we are one drop, together we are an ocean."
List of the Week
From My Cold Dead Hands: Things I Won't Give Up
- Internet connection, 57%
- Driving, 44%
- Pet, 39%
- Cable TV, 29%
- Mobile phone, 24%
Top Five News Headlines
- It's been a while since anybody in the White House talked this much about unions
- How the Trans-Pacific Partnership Threatens America's Recent Manufacturing Resurgence
- Diane Stafford: Some retailers stop on-call scheduling
- Sanders, given a bigger spotlight, points it back to union workers
- What Makes D.C.'s Universal Leave Plan So Special?