Attorney Hank Sherrod, Protecting Your Civil Rights, Helping You Make a Difference
Police Misconduct, Employment Discrimination, and Jail Death Lawyer
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I go to court to fight for victims of jail medical neglect, police misconduct, and employment discrimination and harassment. I am a trial lawyer and proud to call myself one. I am a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College. As a civil rights trial lawyer, I know your case is not just about the money, and I don’t take cases just to make a living. For a free initial consultation, use my online form, which sends an email directly to me, or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Surviving Job Insecurity
According to economists the recession is mostly in our rear view mirror so there should be more job security, correct? Welcome to the new normal, unfortunately, where job insecurity is the norm.
Blog of the Week
Some Missouri state lawmakers have a controversial idea for preventing future sexual harassment cases in the legislature: Imposing a new "modest" dress code for teenage interns.
Thought for the Week
"It's a recession if your neighbor loses his job, a depression if you lose yours."
–President Harry Truman
List of the Week
From My Cold Dead Hands: Things I Won't Give Up.
- Internet connection, 57%
- Driving, 44%
- Pet, 39%
- Cable TV, 29%
- Mobile phone, 24%
Top Five News Headlines
- Longer Hours, More Stress, No Extra Pay: It's Not Just Amazon, It's the Modern Workplace
- Gap To End On-Call Scheduling For Workers
- The Labor Prospect: Getting Sick of No Paid Sick Leave
- Bracing for labor board decision, franchises spend recess courting Democrats
- Labor secretary pledges support to Detroit workers