Attorney Hank Sherrod, Protecting Your Civil Rights, Helping You Make a Difference
Police Misconduct, Employment Discrimination, and Jail Death Lawyer
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I go to court to fight for victims of jail medical neglect, police misconduct, and employment discrimination and harassment. I am a trial lawyer and proud to call myself one. I am a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College. As a civil rights trial lawyer, I know your case is not just about the money, and I don’t take cases just to make a living. For a free initial consultation, use my online form, which sends an email directly to me, or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
The Change Up: Getting Unstuck at Work
Everybody gets stuck at work. Some people might not look like they do, but trust me everyone who doesn't have the last name of Gates, Rockefeller or Gosselin does. Which reminds me of when snowmobilers fall through thin ice each winter because the ice's t
Blog of the Week
Along with hundreds of workers rights organizations and millions of workers (whether they realized it or not!) Workplace Fairness is applauding the withdrawal this afternoon of Andrew Puzder’s nomination as Secretary of Labor. Puzder announced the following this afternoon (February 15):
Thought for the Week
"Employees make the best dates. You don't have to pick them up and they're always tax deductible."
List of the Week
Date Crazy: Industries with the most dating at work
- Hospitality, 47% percent dated a co-worker
- Financial Services, 45%
- Transportation & Utilities, 43%
- Information Technology, 40%
- Healthcare, 38%