Protecting Your Civil Rights
Police Misconduct - Employment Discrimination and Harassment - Unpaid Overtime - Injury - Jail Death
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I help individuals throughout north Alabama fight back in court when their rights have been violated. I represent victims of police misconduct and abuse, including false arrest and excessive force. I represent employees who are victims of illegal discrimination and harassment, including race and sex discrimination, racial and sexual harassment, and unpaid overtime. I handle most cases on a contingent fee basis, meaning that my fee is a percentage of the monetary damages I obtain for you.
For a free initial consultation about your situation, use my online form or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?