Attorney Hank Sherrod, Protecting Your Civil Rights, Helping You Make a Difference
Police Misconduct, Employment Discrimination, and Jail Death Lawyer
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I go to court to fight for victims of jail medical neglect, police misconduct, and employment discrimination and harassment. I am a trial lawyer and proud to call myself one. I am a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College. As a civil rights trial lawyer, I know your case is not just about the money, and I don’t take cases just to make a living. For a free initial consultation, use my online form, which sends an email directly to me, or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Dealing With Distractions
Blogs, texts and apps are just some of the things enticing us to play hooky instead of getting work done. Here are four tips to help you remain focused.
Blog of the Week
The Pope's visit to the USA this week comes just two months before pivotal UN climate talks that could lead to a global climate agreement. Climate change will be high on his agenda in planned addresses to the UN and Congress, and it is likely that one of his central concerns will be the economy.
Thought for the Week
"You can always find a distraction if you're looking for one."
List of the Week
from Brent O'Brian
Just Reading This Will Stress You Out: Top Stressors At Work
- Misaligned responsibilities
- Lack of prioritization
- Time management issues
- Inappropriate workloads
- Unrealistic expectations