Attorney Hank Sherrod, Protecting Your Civil Rights, Helping You Make a Difference
Police Misconduct, Employment Discrimination, and Jail Death Lawyer
I am a civil rights lawyer. It is what I do and who I am. I go to court to fight for victims of jail medical neglect, police misconduct, and employment discrimination and harassment. I am a trial lawyer and proud to call myself one. I am a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College. As a civil rights trial lawyer, I know your case is not just about the money, and I don’t take cases just to make a living. For a free initial consultation, use my online form, which sends an email directly to me, or call 888-764-4141.
Civil Rights FAQ
- What rights do you have when you are questioned by the police?
- How much evidence is required for an arrest?
- What are your rights after you have been arrested?
- May a law enforcement officer detain you without arresting you?
- When may you be arrested with a warrant?
- When may you be arrested without a warrant?
- When may you be searched?
- What procedures are usually followed when you are arrested?
- How do you arrange for a lawyer?
- What if you are sick or injured?
- When may your home be searched?
- Should I file a complaint or grievance with the sheriff, police chief, an internal affairs officer, or other official?
Sherrod Weekly Weekly
Topic of the Week
Over 55 Is The New 40
Many people in their fifties think they're unemployable. But, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the jobless rate of people 55 and older is the lowest of any age group. Here are some tips on how to make your age work for you.
Blog of the Week
Last week, longtime Fox News anchor and host Gretchen Carlson filed a lawsuit against Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News, alleging that he sexually harassed her in the workplace. Within a day, Ailes and his lawyers asked a court to force the case into arbitration, under a special gag order that would block anyone from publicly disclosing any of the evidence in the case or the outcome of the arbitration.
Thought for the Week
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
List of the Week
Training, Not: The Lack of Sales Training
- One-in-six sales managers in firms that have missed revenue goals in the last year cited a lack of sales training as a cause.
- 25% of sales leaders don't provide any formal sales training
- Of those that offer sales training, 64% say the training is only somewhat effective
Top Five News Headlines
- New overtime rule could help millions
- Seattle mayor proposes more paid leave for city employees with newborns, ill family members
- NLRB Will Report Federal Contractors' Labor Violations
- Part-Time Jobs and Thrift: How Unpaid Interns in D.C. Get By
- Canada Post issues 72-hour lockout notice, work stoppage possible Friday